2001 Family Education Conference
July 12-15, 2001
The 2001 reunion was held at the Sunrise Resort in Moodus, CT- Located a short distance from Wethersfield and Colchester.
The Sunrise Resort is Connecticut's Summer Fun Place for All Inclusive Family Vacations. The 400 acre facility offers great food, and many activities for the family
Activities Available were
(with the price of the room)
Use of a Jacuzzi .
Swimming, boating (paddle boats, canoes, and row boats).
Games, hiking, tennis, fishing.
Whirlpools, softball, sand volleyball, basketball.
For an extra charge the following activities were available:
9-5 child care for children age 3 and toilet-trained to age 10.
A shuttle bus to assist anyone who needs help getting around the Resort.
Registration for the reunion began Thursday afternoon.
There was precordinated transportation from Bradley Field to Sunrise Resort
Friday all interested members could participate in the bus trip to Colchester and Wethersfield which includes a visit to the Nathaniel Foote Memorial.
Foote Family games, coordinated by Caitlin DePalma and Whitney Foote, will be played Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning were available.
Saturday Sue Jordan, our genealogist; and other speakers on Foote history and genealogy were available. Speakers such as John Kenney, director of the Foote play produced Saturday evening; a Connecticut state librarian; and a historian offered workshops.
Saturday evening after the banquet a play written by a Foote (either Samuel or Horton) was offered. .
Previous Dates and Places of Foote Family Conferences
- Oct 4-7, 1984 Wethersfield, CT
- May 1-4, 1986 Wethersfield, CT
- Aug 27-30, 1987 Burlington, VT
- Sept 14-17, 1989 Wethersfield, CT
- Sept 12-15, 1991 Morristown, NJ
- Sept 16-19, 1993 Vernon, CT
- Sept 14-17, 1995 Peabody, MA
- Sept 18-21, 1997 Vernon, CT
- Sept 16-19, 1999 Rutland, VT
- July 12-15, 2001 Moodus, CT
- July 10-13, 2003 Oneonta, NY
- June 9-12, 2005 Cromwell, CT
- Aug 2-5, 2007 Rochester, NY
- Aug 6-9, 2009 Weathersfield, CT
- September 22-25 Niagara Falls, New York
- 2015 Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah
Copyright © 1999
Foote Family Association of America
P. O. Box 418, Middlefield, CT 06455
---- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ----
(Last updated 25 November 2017)