Birth: About. 1621 in Yorkshire, England
Christening: Date Unknown
Death: May 15, 1700 in Stratford, CT.
Burial : Stratford, CT.
Children: Six Children
Marriage: Sara Foote
in the year 1652 in Stratford, CT
Generation: Second Generation
Father: William Judson
Mother: Grace Ann Porter Judson
Sgt Jeremiah Judson, was born about 1621 in Yorkshire, England and died of Palsy, after a protracted illness.
May 15, I70I, in the 79th year of his age in Stratford, CT.
Jeremiah was the son of William Judson and Grace Ann Porter, she died September 29, 1659. William Judson, married second, February 8, 1660, Elizabeth Willmot, of New Haven. William Judson is ancestor of Rev. Adoniram Judson, the celebrated missionary; res., Burmah, East Indies; and of Deacon David P. Judson, of Stratford, Connecticut. William died July 29, 1662, in New Haven, Connecticut.)
Jeremiah went to Stratford, CT in 1638 with his father William Judson.
He was a prominent man in the town of Stratford; a proprietor in 1638 and Ensign of the Train-Band; Freeman; Justice of the Peace; a large land owner and farmer. He was also a soldier in King Philip's War.
Jeremiah Judson, of Stratford, Conn. was married In 1652 to Sarah Foote, daughter of Nathaniel Foote and Elizabeth Deming of Wethersfield ,Conn one of the first families to settle in that town. Sara died in 1672, aged about 41.
He married his 2nd wife Catherine Craig Fairchild Nov 8, 1675 at Stratford, CT. She was the widow of Thomas Fairchild of Stratford. She was married to Mr. Fairchild, in London, about the close of the; year 1662, and was his second wife. Mr. Fairchild died December 14, 1670. Catherine died in died in May, 1706.
Children of Sarah Foote and Jeremiah Judson are:
(From - Genealogical Notes of Some of the First Settlers of Connecticut and Massachusetts by Nathaniel Goodwin,)
Issac(5) Judson Born March 10, 1653 at Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut
Mary Judson Born December 31, 1655 at Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut.
Elizabeth Judson Born February 24, 58 at Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut.
Sara Judson Born April 07, 1662 at Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut.
Mercy Judson Born June 1, 1665 at Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut.
CAPT Jeremiah Judson Born March 01, 1670/71 at Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut. He married Mary Wells, daughter of John Wells, of Stratford, Conn.,on April 24, 1695.
References for above:
1. The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635. (NEHGS, 1999-2011), 2:543. By Robert Charles Anderson ; George F. Sanborn; and Melinde Lutz Sanborn.
2. History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield. By Donald Lines Jacobus . (New Haven, Conn.: The Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Company, 1930-1932), 1:350.
3. The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records Stratford Vital Records:166 Connecticut, United States. (edited version).
4. The Ricker Compilation of Vital Records of Early Connecticut. Jacquelyn Ladd Ricker . (Baltimore, Maryland: Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2006), 7363.
5. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register By James Savage.
Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862, 2:575-576. Page 180
6. Genealogical Notes of Some of the First Settlers of Connecticut and Massachusetts by Nathaniel Goodwin, Publication: Hartford, CT: F. A. Brown, 1856, Page 157